Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal and iPhone Syncing

I recently adjusted settings in iTunes for my iPhone 3GS (4.0.2) to sync with iCal. It told me that it would now sync over the air and every time I connect it to the computer. It doesn't appear to sync. My calendars in iCal on my Mac and on my iPhone are both the same as they were before. It is set to sync all calendars. Why won't it sync?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 17, 2010 6:22 AM

16 replies

Aug 22, 2010 7:30 PM in response to Timothy Westman-Barth

I am having the same problem. If I add something to my imac it will put it on my iphone4, but if I add something on my iphone during the day it won't put it on my imac when I sync. Also how can I put my calendar on my iphone onto my new mac book pro? It either wants to merge or replace info when syncing through itunes and both completely delete all calendar info on my iphone and I have to go back to my imac to add the calendar info back. I should be able to either transfer the calendar on my imac or iphone to my new mac book pro without having to buy mobile me.

Aug 23, 2010 9:50 AM in response to Timothy Westman-Barth

Me too, I have the same problem. But ofcourse a little different.... It used to work via mobile me fine and usb 2. It stopped working since a few weeks. I keep on getting the message that the connection to my account is forbidden...? Logging in on my account on me.com is no problem. But syncing from me to imac and from iphone to imac does not work at all. Hopeless. If any one knows something to solve this I will be soooo happy...

Aug 24, 2010 10:34 AM in response to Timothy Westman-Barth

There appears to be a slew of issues with iCal and iPhone 4.0.2. I wish that Apple would address the severest of these. Such as lost sync between iCal and Mobile Me due to iCal calendar corruption issues and syncing iCal via USB with more than one computer. iCurrently do not want to spend more for Mobile Me since I darn nearly lost a year's worth of reservations and meeting on my iCal due to iCorruptions on iCal. iWake up guys at Apple let's get the iShow on the road with the iCal fixes! If it's not iDependable then it is iNoGood! iState my case.

Sep 12, 2010 2:45 PM in response to Timothy Westman-Barth

Same here. I have a mobileme subscription, run ical on my macbook, and an iphone 3 which I just updated yesterday again hoping to fix quite a few problems since the upgrade during the summer. Still can't enter on my calendar on my phone and have it show up on ical on my laptop. This is very frustrating!

I can't figure out if this is a universal problem still or just limited to the lucky few...

Sep 22, 2010 1:55 AM in response to darae

Has anyone found out how to fix this yet? It is really annoying adding an event on my iPhone then logging onto my MacBook and it not being on my iCal. I never seemed to have that working though and in the process to try and fix it I have deleted the calender on my iPhone about 4times! Nightmare

iCal and iPhone Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.