You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am tring to restoree my backup from PC but forgot restore password

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 10:17 AM

Unfortunately, as the Apple Support document linked above your name confirms, you won't be able to restore the current backup if you have forgotten the encryption password that you used, but you can create a new password to use with future backups.

It might be a good idea to write down that password......even though you might feel that you are sure that you will never forget it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 5, 2023 10:17 AM in response to pktrvd

Unfortunately, as the Apple Support document linked above your name confirms, you won't be able to restore the current backup if you have forgotten the encryption password that you used, but you can create a new password to use with future backups.

It might be a good idea to write down that password......even though you might feel that you are sure that you will never forget it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.