Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-establish the crop dial in photos?

How do I re-establish the crop dial in photos? I want to straighten photos manually, through the old dial to the right of the photo.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 12:48 PM

The dial is no longer there in Photos 8, but you can use the straighten slider or can turn the photo with two fingers on the trackpad. Apple has changed the controls on the Mac to match the sliders (straighten, horizontal, vertical)on the iPhone and iPad.

Some external editors are still offering the nice, old straighten dial, for example Luminar Neo.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 12:48 PM in response to Tellanswers

The dial is no longer there in Photos 8, but you can use the straighten slider or can turn the photo with two fingers on the trackpad. Apple has changed the controls on the Mac to match the sliders (straighten, horizontal, vertical)on the iPhone and iPad.

Some external editors are still offering the nice, old straighten dial, for example Luminar Neo.

How do I re-establish the crop dial in photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.