Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store doesn't offer Logic Pro updates

I am running Monterey 12.6.3 on a 2019 iMac. I'm currently running Logic Pro 10.6.3 and want to update but the App Store only offers to let me open it. It doesn't say there's an update available but there should be (10.7.5 I think). How can update? I'd prefer not to reinstall if possible because I don't want to lose all my presets and settings.

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 7:08 AM

I figured it out. In case this helps anyone in the future...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had installed a newer version of Logic Pro (10.7.x) at one time but found that it was buggy (possibly because the OS was not as updated). I reverted back to 10.6.3. To accomplish this and to allow myself to revert back, I renamed Logic.app to "xLogic.app" so the old version of Logic would stay in my Applications folder.

How this all played out with Mac OS and the App Store is not clear to me, but the result is/was that the App Store was aware that I had a current version of Logic Pro (not apparent to me because it was called "xLogic.app" on my system and therefore didn't offer any updates.

TL:DR check your applications folder to make sure you don't have more than one version of Logic Pro there, regardless whether you've renamed the alternate version of Logic Pro.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 7:08 AM in response to Blazeburns

I figured it out. In case this helps anyone in the future...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had installed a newer version of Logic Pro (10.7.x) at one time but found that it was buggy (possibly because the OS was not as updated). I reverted back to 10.6.3. To accomplish this and to allow myself to revert back, I renamed Logic.app to "xLogic.app" so the old version of Logic would stay in my Applications folder.

How this all played out with Mac OS and the App Store is not clear to me, but the result is/was that the App Store was aware that I had a current version of Logic Pro (not apparent to me because it was called "xLogic.app" on my system and therefore didn't offer any updates.

TL:DR check your applications folder to make sure you don't have more than one version of Logic Pro there, regardless whether you've renamed the alternate version of Logic Pro.

Mar 5, 2023 2:22 PM in response to Blazeburns

If you go on the side bar of the App Store and click updates, then press Command + R and you should be able to refresh to check for updates. If there is nothing, then there isn’t any new app updates. Sometimes running old OS versions won’t allow you to update to newer versions depending on what app versions the app supports. The newest macOS is 13.2.1.

Mar 5, 2023 3:09 PM in response to JTechEV22

Thanks for the suggestion and I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, The App Store still doesn't show any updates for Logic Pro. I understand what you're saying about old OS versions, but 12.6.3 is definitely not obsolete and I know the current version of Logic Pro is compatible with 12.6.3. Unlike most people who have this issue, I don't think OS compatibility is the problem.

One thing that could be a factor (?) - I had updated to Logic Pro 10.7.x at some point (when I had a previous OS version) and uninstalled it because it was buggy for me. I reverted back to 10.6.3 (where I am now). Could this have caused some kind of problem in which Mac OS is mixed up about what version of Logic I actually have? (ie it thinks I'm running 10.7.x)

App Store doesn't offer Logic Pro updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.