Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio from AppleTv to McAire - ?

I am today using a Belkin airplay wifi receiver which deliver the audio to the Aux on McAire. Would like to deliver directly from AppleTv to the McAire and use the Aux for other input. But the setup directions from McIntosh assumes using an iPhone/iPad with a browser available. Someone done this from AppleTv?

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 1:37 PM

What is your model Apple TV?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

If your audio system is listed to be AirPlay-enabled for audio streams, then you should be able to select it as temporary audio output on Apple TV (4th generation or later), when both are connected to your home network.

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 1:37 PM in response to Stein O

What is your model Apple TV?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

If your audio system is listed to be AirPlay-enabled for audio streams, then you should be able to select it as temporary audio output on Apple TV (4th generation or later), when both are connected to your home network.

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

Mar 6, 2023 8:14 PM in response to Urquhart1244

As you understand from my question, I am streaming to a Airplay 2 activated Belkin receiver delivering to the aux on McAire. My Apple Tv (4) handle this ok. The wildcard is the McAire which is Airplay v2012 activated - but I have not succeded in connecting. McIntosh McAire want the delivering party’s browser to log on to its own webserver and use a specific dialog for connecting. I am awaiting response from McIntosh to my request as well.

Audio from AppleTv to McAire - ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.