Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A USB-C to usb cable is needed to connect my iPad Pro to my iMac

I would like to do a recovery and set up my 11" 3rd gen iPad from my late 2015 iMac. What adapter/cable do I need to connect the pro with usb-c to the iMac with USB ports.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 5:24 PM

If your computer does not have a USB-C port - and instead only has the older USB Type-A ports - you simply require a certified USB Type-A to USB-C charging/data cable. These are available from good computer stores - and Apple. Here is one example manufactured by mophie and marketed by Apple:

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

You should aim to avoid simple plug-adapters - as these do not contain the protective active electronic circuitry intended to protect the iPad from misconnection and potential damage. Certified cables do incorporate the necessary electronics.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 5:24 PM in response to fredbram

If your computer does not have a USB-C port - and instead only has the older USB Type-A ports - you simply require a certified USB Type-A to USB-C charging/data cable. These are available from good computer stores - and Apple. Here is one example manufactured by mophie and marketed by Apple:

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

You should aim to avoid simple plug-adapters - as these do not contain the protective active electronic circuitry intended to protect the iPad from misconnection and potential damage. Certified cables do incorporate the necessary electronics.

A USB-C to usb cable is needed to connect my iPad Pro to my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.