You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.folabs.proremote):

I see this constantly happening in my system.log.

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.folabs.proremote): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I've checked for a plist in user/system/launch agents and don't see a proremote plist. I also have not remote access set up on this computer.

How can I track down and stop this launchd[1] service from running?

Thanks!

RayK

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 3:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 5:47 PM

I think tha'll work.

Or a Terminal command like...

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.folabs.proremote.plist

Or where ever it is. That is just for this session, you'd want to run that as a script at startup.

Or...

https://www.soma-zone.com/LaunchControl/

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 6, 2023 5:28 PM in response to BDAqua

AhHa!

Thanks for the tip!

I found folders for ProRemote and the plist as well.

ProRemote is something that was loaded to remotely control Pro Tools. This Mac is my DAW computer and runs several DAW applications, Pro Tools being one of them.

My guess is that since this computer rarely goes on my network, ProRemote keeps trying to connect and can't, which is why the process keeps getting pushed 10 seconds.

I'm not entirely sure, but looking at the com.folabs.proremote.plist, if I change the

<key>RunAtLoad</key> <true/>

to:

<key>RunAtLoad</key> <false/>

this would stop proremote from trying to run when I open Pro Tools?

I've attached a screen shot of the entire plist.

Please advise if this is the correct action, of if I need to change something else.

Thanks!

RayK

Mar 6, 2023 7:20 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks again for the response!👍🏻

I don't remember ever using ProRemote in the past. Turns out, my Son (the drummer) used ProRemote on his iPod back in the day to control ProTools from his drum set when recording.

Until I can find a way to decouple this from ProTools, I'll set up a script to stop it from loading, and filling up my logs.😁

How can I stop com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.folabs.proremote):

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.