Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook Author to Pages

I have the iBook Author App for a long time-it seems. I did not know it was going to be extinct. My father gave me a bunch of information before he died & asked me to put it together for my siblings and my family.

I started out in iBook Author and just picked his notes up again last week. I think I've read all I can find on sending my IBA stuff to pages and I cannot figure this out (Pages User Guide For Mac). I want to get my "Book for Dad's Story" over to Pages I guess. Right now I cannot print, preview or spell-check my documents on IBA. Pages Support says I will loose some things with the transfer to Pages (Snap! my IBA book looks good. I don't want to publish to digital - I want a paper copy. What can I do please?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Apple did not implement iBooks Author functionality in Pages, but just provides a means to open most well-behaved .iba files in Pages after v10.1 without most of the frills in iBooks Author.

See Transition from iBooks Author to Pages - Apple Support

I have IBooks Author on Ventura 13.2.1 and it still works… I just generated a short test .iba. Like Pages, it has the ability to print, so if all you want is a paper copy, there is no need to involve Pages.

When I open a test .iba in Pages by right-clicking on it in the Finder and choosing open with Pages, it will initially prompt for a location to save the cover image, and then the .iba is converted to .pages.

There is no conversion of an EPUB-based .ibook to Pages though.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2023 9:23 AM in response to golden2

Apple did not implement iBooks Author functionality in Pages, but just provides a means to open most well-behaved .iba files in Pages after v10.1 without most of the frills in iBooks Author.

See Transition from iBooks Author to Pages - Apple Support

I have IBooks Author on Ventura 13.2.1 and it still works… I just generated a short test .iba. Like Pages, it has the ability to print, so if all you want is a paper copy, there is no need to involve Pages.

When I open a test .iba in Pages by right-clicking on it in the Finder and choosing open with Pages, it will initially prompt for a location to save the cover image, and then the .iba is converted to .pages.

There is no conversion of an EPUB-based .ibook to Pages though.

iBook Author to Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.