Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app dont have "add people" button.

I am using some smarthome accessories. I want to share home accessories with my wife but i can not share home. Because there is no button like "add people" on my iphone. Also checked my wife's phone, she have it :)

The problem is we both cannot control home accessories, just one of us can control it. We both have 14 Plus and have the latest update "16.3.1".

Anyone have solution for this?

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 2:41 PM

That could be the reason. Without a Hub, there may be some challenges with sharing the home, as she will only be able to interact with the Home accessories when you are at home.

But I don't understand how your wife can invite if she doesn't have any accessories set up on her Apple ID. Try setting up the accessory on her Apple ID, then share from it. However, the same applies as written before - you will not be able to use the accessory when she is not at home. Not unless you get a hub.

You can find more information here:

Share control of your home - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2023 2:41 PM in response to EmrahSevsay

That could be the reason. Without a Hub, there may be some challenges with sharing the home, as she will only be able to interact with the Home accessories when you are at home.

But I don't understand how your wife can invite if she doesn't have any accessories set up on her Apple ID. Try setting up the accessory on her Apple ID, then share from it. However, the same applies as written before - you will not be able to use the accessory when she is not at home. Not unless you get a hub.

You can find more information here:

Share control of your home - Apple Support

Mar 7, 2023 1:02 PM in response to EmrahSevsay

Try tapping on the round button with the 3 dots next to the + button and select Home Settings. Can you find Invite Person under your name? Do you have a hub connected to your Apple ID, for example Apple TV or HomePod?

Home app dont have "add people" button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.