Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I shut off hide my email

How do I shut off hide my email?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Hi Mymimirocks,

Hide My Email is a built-in feature of iCloud+ that is optional to use. As such, it can't be turned off, but you don't need to use it.

If you don't want to use Hide My Email, simply sign up for a service using whichever email address you want.

If you signed up for a service/site using Hide My Email and want to change the email address you have a couple of options:

1. If it's just a normal online service, simply sign into your account for that service and change the email address.
  2. If you signed up with Sign in with Apple, you can choose to stop using your Apple ID for that service in your iCloud settings.

Some benefits to Hide My Email

Personally, I like Hide My Email as it offers a ton of privacy options. Here are a few things I like:

• You can easily stop your personal email address from being shared with third-parties.
  • You can easily "unsubscribe" from emails by turning off the forward or deleting the address.
  • You can change which email messages forward to, without giving out that email address or having to change it online.
  • As an added perk, you can add labels and notes to help you remember what the service is or anything else you want to notate.

Removing forwarding addresses and unlinking Apple IDs

You can remove/delete Hide My Email addresses, disable forwarding, change the email address messages are forwarded to, or unlink an Apple ID* in your device's Settings. Simply select your Apple ID settings (at the top with your name and profile photo) and choose "Hide My Email."

Under these settings you will see a list of all of your current forwarding addresses; select the one you want to modify or remove.

*When unlinking an Apple ID, you may need to update the email address or login information next time you log in to that service. I recommend first updating the email address on the service's website/app before removing the Apple ID to ensure you don't lose access.

I hope this information is helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2023 10:42 AM in response to Mymimirocks

Hi Mymimirocks,

Hide My Email is a built-in feature of iCloud+ that is optional to use. As such, it can't be turned off, but you don't need to use it.

If you don't want to use Hide My Email, simply sign up for a service using whichever email address you want.

If you signed up for a service/site using Hide My Email and want to change the email address you have a couple of options:

1. If it's just a normal online service, simply sign into your account for that service and change the email address.
  2. If you signed up with Sign in with Apple, you can choose to stop using your Apple ID for that service in your iCloud settings.

Some benefits to Hide My Email

Personally, I like Hide My Email as it offers a ton of privacy options. Here are a few things I like:

• You can easily stop your personal email address from being shared with third-parties.
  • You can easily "unsubscribe" from emails by turning off the forward or deleting the address.
  • You can change which email messages forward to, without giving out that email address or having to change it online.
  • As an added perk, you can add labels and notes to help you remember what the service is or anything else you want to notate.

Removing forwarding addresses and unlinking Apple IDs

You can remove/delete Hide My Email addresses, disable forwarding, change the email address messages are forwarded to, or unlink an Apple ID* in your device's Settings. Simply select your Apple ID settings (at the top with your name and profile photo) and choose "Hide My Email."

Under these settings you will see a list of all of your current forwarding addresses; select the one you want to modify or remove.

*When unlinking an Apple ID, you may need to update the email address or login information next time you log in to that service. I recommend first updating the email address on the service's website/app before removing the Apple ID to ensure you don't lose access.

I hope this information is helpful.

How do I shut off hide my email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.