Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain music won’t play on my iPhone playlists

certain songs I’ve had in my playlists forever won’t play (in this case songs by Josh Turner). if I try to play them I get a message that says “This song is not currently available in your country or region.” I can play the songs directly from Apple Music but not from my playlist. what gives?

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 6:04 PM

thanks!! I had already tried restarting my phone and I’m on the latest iOS, and I still couldn’t play the songs. also, the versions on my playlist were the ones on Apple Music and they still wouldn’t play. BUT, I deleted those versions and added different versions of the songs and they play now!! thanks again!!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2023 6:04 PM in response to Ben_Z1

thanks!! I had already tried restarting my phone and I’m on the latest iOS, and I still couldn’t play the songs. also, the versions on my playlist were the ones on Apple Music and they still wouldn’t play. BUT, I deleted those versions and added different versions of the songs and they play now!! thanks again!!!

Mar 8, 2023 2:34 PM in response to AskToPaySpecialNeeds

Hi there!

If you are getting this message when trying to play certain songs in playlists, first ensure that the songs you are searching for and the songs in your playlist are the same version. Your playlists may have a saved version of these songs that is no longer available in the Apple Music catalog. If the songs in your playlists are a different version than the ones you locate when you search, then remove these songs from your playlist and add the version that plays to resolve this issue.

If the songs are the same versions and this continues, then next restart your iPhone and ensure it is fully updated. This refreshes the software of your device and installs bug fixes that can alleviate unexpected behavior like this. These articles show how to do this:

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone or iPad

Cheers!

Certain music won’t play on my iPhone playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.