Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI connection between Dell monitor and 2018 Mac Mini does not work until reboot.

I use HDMI cable, both ends, to connect my Dell Monitor with 2018 Mac Mini Ventura 13.0.1. When the monitor sits idle for a while, the monitor sometimes cannot get the Mac HDMI signal, when I try to use keyboard to wake it up. The monitor would display "no HDMI signal detected". When this happens, I'd have to reboot the Mini to trigger the HDMI signal to come through. However, this problem is inconsistent that the keyboard clicks could sometimes trigger Mac to send HDMI signal and Dell Monitor connects with no issue. Is there anything wrong with Mac Mini's HDMI port? I even tried with different HDMI cable and port, but to no avail. I got my Dell monitor end of 2022. However, I had the same issue with my old Dell monitor. I prefer not to reboot the Mini to trigger the HDMI signal. Can someone help?

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 11:21 AM

I submitted the above inquiry on 3/7, today is 3/12. The mentioned problem did not happen during this period. Even though I do not recall the frequency of the problem, but, it seems that it lasted a long time since I applied the suggested fixes. So, I'll claim that the problem is FIXED! Thank You!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 11:21 AM in response to hcsitas

I submitted the above inquiry on 3/7, today is 3/12. The mentioned problem did not happen during this period. Even though I do not recall the frequency of the problem, but, it seems that it lasted a long time since I applied the suggested fixes. So, I'll claim that the problem is FIXED! Thank You!

HDMI connection between Dell monitor and 2018 Mac Mini does not work until reboot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.