Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password

can I use this phone to reset my password on my other phone this is my old one and I made a new Apple account on here So I could use support

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 4:44 AM

5 replies

Mar 8, 2023 4:45 AM in response to Outdoorfun55

No.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen

If you forgot your passcode, you can use your Apple ID and password to erase and reset your device without a computer.

Before you reset your device

• You need to have a device that's using iOS 15.2 or iPadOS 15.2 or later.
  • Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch needs to be connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.*
  • You'll need your Apple ID and password that you used to set up your device.

* If you restart your device when you see "Security Lockout" on the Lock Screen, you won't be able to reconnect to a Wi-Fi network until your device is unlocked. Cellular devices will reconnect to a cellular network if you have active service.

If you enter the wrong passcode on your iPhone Lock Screen too many times, an alert lets you know that your iPhone is disabled. (Learn what to do if you see "[Device] unavailable" or "Security Lockout" on your iPhone or iPad.)

Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.