Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ESIM

Does an Esim give you a new phone number? Can it be international?

Do you have to use a physical SIM card?

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 12:30 PM

Yes, you can use your own number as an eSIM. If you have a physical SIM card, you can ask your carrier to convert it into an eSIM. Your physical SIM card will closed, and you will probably receive a QR code from your Carrier that you can scan, thus installing your eSIM, with your own number.

If your Carrier offers roaming, you can use your eSIM internationally, exactly like your physical SIM. The only difference between an eSIM and a physical SIM card is that the eSIM is built-in - and can be quickly created and deleted.

I only use eSIM in my iPhone. I have no physical SIM card.

You can find more useful information about eSIM here:

About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2023 12:30 PM in response to Doublelor

Yes, you can use your own number as an eSIM. If you have a physical SIM card, you can ask your carrier to convert it into an eSIM. Your physical SIM card will closed, and you will probably receive a QR code from your Carrier that you can scan, thus installing your eSIM, with your own number.

If your Carrier offers roaming, you can use your eSIM internationally, exactly like your physical SIM. The only difference between an eSIM and a physical SIM card is that the eSIM is built-in - and can be quickly created and deleted.

I only use eSIM in my iPhone. I have no physical SIM card.

You can find more useful information about eSIM here:

About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

ESIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.