Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I bought an Apple Watch GPS, is there a chance to upgrade it to Cellular?

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 11:08 PM

The watch itself cannot be upgraded.

If it is less than 14 days since you bought the watch you can usually return it and buy the cellular version.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.2.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.3.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.3.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.3.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2023 11:08 PM in response to Sobotka2

The watch itself cannot be upgraded.

If it is less than 14 days since you bought the watch you can usually return it and buy the cellular version.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.2.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.3.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.3.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.3.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.