Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac keyboard shortcuts suddenly stopped working on my Mac Mini, in every application

How can I make them work again?

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 6:57 PM

"Mac keyboard shortcuts suddenly stopped working on my Mac Mini, in every application: How can I make them work again?"

-------

Getting Shortcuts to Work Once More:

A. Start with a Restart:

So, what happens when you restart your Mac? Does this all go away?

No sucess?...

B. Why a Reinstall:

If you reinstall the macOS, nothing would be deleted. All intended, original files and Apps that came on your macOS would be reinstalled (which includes shortcuts). It’s all about keeping your system files intact.

Time Machine backup:

Important: Prior to the reinstallation, Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2023 6:57 PM in response to jperrylsu

"Mac keyboard shortcuts suddenly stopped working on my Mac Mini, in every application: How can I make them work again?"

-------

Getting Shortcuts to Work Once More:

A. Start with a Restart:

So, what happens when you restart your Mac? Does this all go away?

No sucess?...

B. Why a Reinstall:

If you reinstall the macOS, nothing would be deleted. All intended, original files and Apps that came on your macOS would be reinstalled (which includes shortcuts). It’s all about keeping your system files intact.

Time Machine backup:

Important: Prior to the reinstallation, Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong.

Mac keyboard shortcuts suddenly stopped working on my Mac Mini, in every application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.