Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not turning on

My Apple Watch stopped working and I know it is not because it’s not charged. When I charged it, it got hot and not showing anything happening.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 12:44 AM

Getting hot is not a good sign, slightly warm maybe. It could be hardware failure in particular the battery.

Force restart the watch. i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If that fails to do anything

Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support 

If they recommend a replacement Series 3 watch go for the SE2022 - a quantum leap from the Series 3 at a lower price.

If it does restart  you can check for damaged or self-discharging battery... 

How to check your Apple Watch battery fo… - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 12:44 AM in response to Goldspice67

Getting hot is not a good sign, slightly warm maybe. It could be hardware failure in particular the battery.

Force restart the watch. i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If that fails to do anything

Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support 

If they recommend a replacement Series 3 watch go for the SE2022 - a quantum leap from the Series 3 at a lower price.

If it does restart  you can check for damaged or self-discharging battery... 

How to check your Apple Watch battery fo… - Apple Community

Apple Watch not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.