Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to log-in to secure site with Google Chrome

Hello, I recently attempted to log-in to my bank and build society using Google Chrome. But having correctly input the required details, the final stage stated that either "there was a tech issue" and could not log-in or "this page cannot be loaded" I confirmed with both web sites that they do not have a problem.

I then attempted to log-in via Safari and was successful. I then logged in on another device and that was successful too, so the problem appears to be with Google Chrome.

I reinstalled Chrome, removed all cookies, cache, and history, but the problem still exists. Although I can log-in via Safari, I'd much prefer to use Chrome. I have advised Chrome regarding the issue but i'm referred to the "Community"

Any help and info would be much appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 6:39 AM

It's possible that there may be an issue with Chrome's settings or extensions that is causing the problem with logging into your bank and building society websites. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Try disabling all Chrome extensions and then attempt to log in again. If you are successful, then one of your extensions may be causing the issue. You can then re-enable your extensions one-by-one to determine which one is causing the problem.
  2. Check your Chrome settings to ensure that you have not blocked any website cookies or pop-ups that may be necessary for logging into your bank and building society websites. You can check these settings by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome, selecting "Settings", and then scrolling down to "Privacy and security" and "Site Settings".
  3. Clear the cache and cookies for the bank and building society websites specifically. You can do this by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome, selecting "History", and then selecting "Clear browsing data". From there, choose "Advanced" and select the option to clear the cache and cookies for the bank and building society websites.
  4. Try updating Chrome to the latest version if you haven't already done so. You can do this by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome, selecting "Settings", and then scrolling down to "About Chrome" to check for updates.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 6:39 AM in response to 7812b

It's possible that there may be an issue with Chrome's settings or extensions that is causing the problem with logging into your bank and building society websites. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Try disabling all Chrome extensions and then attempt to log in again. If you are successful, then one of your extensions may be causing the issue. You can then re-enable your extensions one-by-one to determine which one is causing the problem.
  2. Check your Chrome settings to ensure that you have not blocked any website cookies or pop-ups that may be necessary for logging into your bank and building society websites. You can check these settings by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome, selecting "Settings", and then scrolling down to "Privacy and security" and "Site Settings".
  3. Clear the cache and cookies for the bank and building society websites specifically. You can do this by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome, selecting "History", and then selecting "Clear browsing data". From there, choose "Advanced" and select the option to clear the cache and cookies for the bank and building society websites.
  4. Try updating Chrome to the latest version if you haven't already done so. You can do this by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome, selecting "Settings", and then scrolling down to "About Chrome" to check for updates.

Mar 10, 2023 1:51 PM in response to DarkerFirestar

Hi DF, many thanks for your response. I agree, that it must be something that I've inadvertently "clicked" in Google. I already tried the majority of your suggestions and then I remembered "Time Machine". So I went back and reinstalled an older version of Google and that worked fine........so far.

Appreciate your support.

Barney

Unable to log-in to secure site with Google Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.