Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can virus be transfered from PC to iPhone?

If my pc is infected or there is some malware or virus will it affect iphone if i install IOS software from PC to my phone. ? Will the malware or any other virus gets transferred from my pc to iphone ??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 2:55 AM

Hey there,

It simply is not possible, since viruses are not capable of infecting a mobile operating system in the manner in which they infect Windows based PCs and Mac. The same principle applies to mobile phones which run on Apple's iOS, and phones which run on Microsoft Windows mobile OS.

To keep your iPhone safe keep it up to date ☞ Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 2:55 AM in response to MENON321

Hey there,

It simply is not possible, since viruses are not capable of infecting a mobile operating system in the manner in which they infect Windows based PCs and Mac. The same principle applies to mobile phones which run on Apple's iOS, and phones which run on Microsoft Windows mobile OS.

To keep your iPhone safe keep it up to date ☞ Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Can virus be transfered from PC to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.