Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Remove from phone

Hey,

How do I remove an old Apple ID from my device, if I don’t know the password? People keep telling me to go to settings, then iTunes and App Store, but I can’t find that set up with 2 iPhones in my possession. Could someone please help? Thanks

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 12:29 PM

Jayb2316 wrote:
People keep telling me to go to settings, then iTunes and App Store, but I can’t find that set up with 2 iPhones in my possession. Could someone please help? Thanks

That location was removed with newer iOS versions few years ago.

Wether you can actually remove the Apple ID without a password, will depend on where you want to remove it from.

There are 4 locations on an iPhone that you can log in with an Apple ID.

Settings ➜ Account (top go Settings) ➜ (Scroll Down) Sign Out (you will need the password for this one, if Find My is turned on).

Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media & Purchases ➜ Sign Out (This is what the old iTunes & App Store location is now)

Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID ➜ Sign Out

Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Apple ID (below Caller ID) ➜ Sign Out.

If Find My is turned on, you will need to reset the password for the Apple ID before you can Sign Out from the Account location.

Click here ➜ If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 12:29 PM in response to Jayb2316

Jayb2316 wrote:
People keep telling me to go to settings, then iTunes and App Store, but I can’t find that set up with 2 iPhones in my possession. Could someone please help? Thanks

That location was removed with newer iOS versions few years ago.

Wether you can actually remove the Apple ID without a password, will depend on where you want to remove it from.

There are 4 locations on an iPhone that you can log in with an Apple ID.

Settings ➜ Account (top go Settings) ➜ (Scroll Down) Sign Out (you will need the password for this one, if Find My is turned on).

Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media & Purchases ➜ Sign Out (This is what the old iTunes & App Store location is now)

Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID ➜ Sign Out

Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Apple ID (below Caller ID) ➜ Sign Out.

If Find My is turned on, you will need to reset the password for the Apple ID before you can Sign Out from the Account location.

Click here ➜ If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apple ID Remove from phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.