Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16.3.1 weather widget not displaying temperature information on Lock Screen, but notification drawer displays okay

I added a weather widget to my notification drawer/lock screen. Temperature always displays correctly on the unlocked notification drawer widget. Whenever my iPhone is locked however, all I see are dashes like it is trying to load the information. I can't find any possible privacy settings that might be enabled for lock screen widgets. I tried removing and re-adding the widget multiple times but it still never displays the information. Am I missing something here?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 12:38 PM

Have you activated "While Using the App or Widgets" here:

Settings Privacy & SecurityLocation ServicesWeather → check While Using the App or Widgets.

Normally, you will be asked if you want to allow Widgets to access your location when you open the Weather app for the first time. You can also activate Precise Location if it is not already active.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 12:38 PM in response to jrmyvdb

Have you activated "While Using the App or Widgets" here:

Settings Privacy & SecurityLocation ServicesWeather → check While Using the App or Widgets.

Normally, you will be asked if you want to allow Widgets to access your location when you open the Weather app for the first time. You can also activate Precise Location if it is not already active.

iOS 16.3.1 weather widget not displaying temperature information on Lock Screen, but notification drawer displays okay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.