Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i have a physical sim card working together with a esim card ?

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 4:37 PM

Yes (unless you have an iPhone 14 model that was purchased in the U.S.; they don't have a physical SIM but you can use 2 eSIMS on them). See

For information on using 2 SIMS, see the information in Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support including the following:

How can you use Dual SIM?

• Use one number for business and another number for personal calls.
  • Add a local data plan when you travel outside of the country or region.
  • Have separate voice and data plans.

Both your phone numbers can make and receive voice and FaceTime calls and send and receive messages using iMessage, SMS, and MMS.2 Your iPhone can use one cellular data network at a time.

If you want to use 5G with Dual SIM on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max, make sure that you have iOS 14.5 or later.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 4:37 PM in response to chongsun1234

Yes (unless you have an iPhone 14 model that was purchased in the U.S.; they don't have a physical SIM but you can use 2 eSIMS on them). See

For information on using 2 SIMS, see the information in Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support including the following:

How can you use Dual SIM?

• Use one number for business and another number for personal calls.
  • Add a local data plan when you travel outside of the country or region.
  • Have separate voice and data plans.

Both your phone numbers can make and receive voice and FaceTime calls and send and receive messages using iMessage, SMS, and MMS.2 Your iPhone can use one cellular data network at a time.

If you want to use 5G with Dual SIM on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max, make sure that you have iOS 14.5 or later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.