Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change my display unknown part

help my

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 8:04 PM

Hey there,

An Unknown Part  message will appear if the display installation is incomplete or if the display:

• Was replaced with a nongenuine display
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

An additional message might appear that says "Apple has updated the device information for this iPhone." This means that Apple has updated the device information maintained for this iPhone for service needs, safety analysis, and to improve future products. 

These messages don't affect your ability to use your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 8:04 PM in response to aimal274

Hey there,

An Unknown Part  message will appear if the display installation is incomplete or if the display:

• Was replaced with a nongenuine display
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

An additional message might appear that says "Apple has updated the device information for this iPhone." This means that Apple has updated the device information maintained for this iPhone for service needs, safety analysis, and to improve future products. 

These messages don't affect your ability to use your iPhone.

Mar 9, 2023 8:15 PM in response to aimal274

aimal274 Said:

"Change my display unknown part"

-------

Troubleshooting a Genuine Display Message:

Did you recently get a replaced screen? If you are getting notifications about a screen being ungenuine, then ask the person who replaced it to replace it once more, but this time with a genuine screen. The person should have known better. Elsewise, you'll continue getting the notification.  Learn More here: About Genuine iPhone Displays - Apple 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.