Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant Kernel Panics iMac Retina 5K 27'' 2020

Hello, I'm having kernel panics on my 2020 iMac since months. In January, it crashed about 5 times. Normally, it happens when I use Final Cut Pro and edit from an external SSD or HDD. In one of this kernel panics the computer froze and shown a glitched display image (images attached). Also, I've observed some image glitches in the login screen. I don't know what it can be but I'm really concerned about this, this computer is practically new. I've tried to reset PVRAM, SMC, diagnosis tool showing no errors, disabling Power Nap, etc. This computer is out of Apple's cover but I hired an extra covering from an external assurance company and I'm not very sure if they would replace this iMac instead of repairing it (I don't trust this assurance companies and I think it's a hardware problem). I attach images of the glitches/issues and I let you the last kernel panic report below.

Hope you can help me, many thanks !

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac20,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 12 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 24 GB

System Firmware Version: 1916.80.2.0.0 (iBridge: 20.16.3045.0.0,0)

OS Loader Version: 564.40.4~66

Serial Number (system):

Activation Lock Status: Disabled

KERNEL PANIC REPORT

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 5:10 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Constant Kernel Panics iMac Retina 5K 27'' 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.