Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good morning, help me! My contacts are not synchronizing with WhatsApp since I downloaded this new version, only when I am online the statuses of the person appear, if I do not have online with it open, the statuses do not appear for me.

Good morning, help me! My contacts are not synchronizing with WhatsApp since I downloaded this new version iOS 16.3.1, only when I am online the statuses of the person appear, if I do not have online with it open, the statuses do not appear for me.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 7:03 AM

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

WhatsApp Business is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> Developer Website  or App Support  or WhatsApp business products - WhatsApp FAQ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2023 7:03 AM in response to eloisa231

When you look deeply you will find that Contacts are neither stored on an iPhone nor on SIM. They are synced to an email account that you may have added and enabled Contacts. It could be Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other email client server.

When you enable Contacts in any of the email accounts they are displayed to you through the Contacts App. When you edit these contacts on an iPhone they are ultimately edited on the client-server.

Please see the pic below for a better understanding...

Good morning, help me! My contacts are not synchronizing with WhatsApp since I downloaded this new version, only when I am online the statuses of the person appear, if I do not have online with it open, the statuses do not appear for me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.