Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple clip options greyed out

Hi!

I'm currently editing a project in Final Cut Pro (I'm not very advanced in the software, but have made several projects). I have a video clip as the primary storyline, and another video clip above as the secondary. I was trying to connect the two clips, but noticed that all four of my clip adding options (Connect to Primary Storyline, Insert, Append to Storyline, and Overwrite) are greyed out. I tried to open a previous project I'd finished and saw the same thing.

Does anyone know why this might be, and how I might fix it?

Thank you!

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 10:25 AM

Everything above the primary storyline is already connected to the primary. It has to be. The connection point might be difficult to see; it is by default at the head of the connected clip. You can't edit a clip in timeline using those functions.

Similar questions

3 replies

Multiple clip options greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.