Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Music/Playlists to iCloud from iPhone 12

I'm trying to sync my purchased music and created playlists from my iphone to iCloud (I do not have Apple Music), and cannot find a way to do so. I don't have a "sync library" section under music settings, and read that you apparently only have this option if you subscribe to Apple Music. I've created some lengthy playlists that include quite a bit of music that I transferred from CDs years ago to computer, to iTunes, etc. and want it all backed up to iCloud but just can't find any setting on my phone to backup the music. Appreciate any help very much!

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Music from CDs cannot be stored in iCloud unless you subscribe to iTunes Match ($24.99/year).

In order for you to keep your playlists up to date on all your devices (without iTunes Match), you need to physically connect them to your computer and sync them that way.

5 replies

Sync Music/Playlists to iCloud from iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.