Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Temp on Macbook pro mid 15 inch 2014

hello brothers

i am facing problem with the temp of my Macbook pro mid 15 inch 2014 the temperature is always so High even when i dont use anything for example i just opened my mac and am using now just the (Fire fox browser) ONLY!! and the temperature is at this moment is (70c) and as mobile developer i need to use some time (Android Studio , Xcode) so if i open one of them the temperature jumps to (90 c).

I know some of you maybe will say you need to clean your mac from inside. Yes i did so i toke the bottom case out and i cleaned the Following (Fans , MotherBoard , replaicng the thermal paste) and also just to make sure that the issue is not from the OS so i formated my mac and installed MacOs Big Sur and still the issue.

So the question is here WHAT SOULD I DO !!

my macbook pro technical specifications is the following

MacBook Pro: (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor: 2,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory:16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 12:02 PM

Run the third party app EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. This app will allow us to see what third party apps are launching automatically and tied to the inner bowels of the OS as they are the ones which typically cause problems. The report will also contain some performance metrics and summaries of the log files which may contain some clues as well.

Run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Make sure to disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 12:02 PM in response to suheib176

Run the third party app EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. This app will allow us to see what third party apps are launching automatically and tied to the inner bowels of the OS as they are the ones which typically cause problems. The report will also contain some performance metrics and summaries of the log files which may contain some clues as well.

Run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Make sure to disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

High Temp on Macbook pro mid 15 inch 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.