Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of blue outlines and black "help" boxes on my MacBook Pro?

On my business website a blue outline shows when I click on a text box or drop down window. Also black boxes with white writing appear telling me to use the Tab button to navigate through my site. i never had this before. I attached a picture.ow do I get rid of these?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 10:56 AM

tweety8888 wrote:

On my business website a blue outline shows when I click on a text box or drop down window. Also black boxes with white writing appear telling me to use the Tab button to navigate through my site. i never had this before. I attached a picture.

ow do I get rid of these?

?

Limited to this one website that you name but don't specify with a link— or universal for all websites(?)

To me it looks like an Accessibility settings got turned on for your macOS— independent of your "business website."

maybe by some unintentional keyboard shortcut... and make some change

ref

Change Accessibility settings on Mac - Apple Support

verify Full Keyboard Access did not get turned on

Navigate your Mac using Full Keyboard Access - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 10:56 AM in response to tweety8888

tweety8888 wrote:

On my business website a blue outline shows when I click on a text box or drop down window. Also black boxes with white writing appear telling me to use the Tab button to navigate through my site. i never had this before. I attached a picture.

ow do I get rid of these?

?

Limited to this one website that you name but don't specify with a link— or universal for all websites(?)

To me it looks like an Accessibility settings got turned on for your macOS— independent of your "business website."

maybe by some unintentional keyboard shortcut... and make some change

ref

Change Accessibility settings on Mac - Apple Support

verify Full Keyboard Access did not get turned on

Navigate your Mac using Full Keyboard Access - Apple Support

How to get rid of blue outlines and black "help" boxes on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.