Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please how can I update my iPhone 6 in safari net here because am unable to update it in the settings on my phone

Please how can I update my iPhone 6 in safari net here because am unable to update it in the settings on my phone

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 12:56 AM

You cannot update your iPhone in the Safari app. You can update your iPhone wirelessly in Software Update menu, or via a computer. You should be aware that the iPhone 6 cannot be updated further than iOS 12.5.7

You can check your current version here:

SettingsGeneralAbout

You can download and install software updates here:

SettingsGeneralSoftware Update

Remember to connect to Wi-Fi and a charger. Your iPhone must have more than 50% power to update without a charger connected.

You can find more useful information here:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If your iPhone or iPad won't update – Apple Support (UK)

If you want to update your iPhone via a PC or Mac, see here:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 12:56 AM in response to korede114

You cannot update your iPhone in the Safari app. You can update your iPhone wirelessly in Software Update menu, or via a computer. You should be aware that the iPhone 6 cannot be updated further than iOS 12.5.7

You can check your current version here:

SettingsGeneralAbout

You can download and install software updates here:

SettingsGeneralSoftware Update

Remember to connect to Wi-Fi and a charger. Your iPhone must have more than 50% power to update without a charger connected.

You can find more useful information here:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If your iPhone or iPad won't update – Apple Support (UK)

If you want to update your iPhone via a PC or Mac, see here:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.