Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update for command line tools for xvide 14 fails

Hi I’m running Ventura 13.2.1 I have a 2 new updates for command line tools for Xcode 14.0 and 14.2. These execute with no error but remain in Updates available. How do I complete the update ?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 7:27 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode and trying the updates again. If this works, then perhaps you have some third party software installed which is interfering with the normal operation of macOS. Usual culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software...none of which are needed on a Mac. However, I've heard that Safe Mode may not be as effective with Ventura due to recent changes.

Sometimes just a simple reboot may be enough to fix updating issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 7:27 PM in response to ChrisPolyGlot

Try booting into Safe Mode and trying the updates again. If this works, then perhaps you have some third party software installed which is interfering with the normal operation of macOS. Usual culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software...none of which are needed on a Mac. However, I've heard that Safe Mode may not be as effective with Ventura due to recent changes.

Sometimes just a simple reboot may be enough to fix updating issues.

update for command line tools for xvide 14 fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.