Related Article: Upgrading the Reminders app in iOS 13 or later

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently clicked past an upgrade notice for Reminders. I have lost all my reminders. How can I recover them?

I recently clicked past an upgrade notice for Reminders. I have lost all my reminders. How can I recover them?

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 6:36 AM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2023 4:45 PM in response to wpc42

Hello wpc42,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

If you were syncing your reminders to iCloud these steps should help:

"Restore your reminders on iCloud.com

You can restore your reminders and reminder lists (together with your calendars and events) from an earlier version that was automatically archived in iCloud.

If you have shared reminder lists, all sharing information is removed when you restore them. You have to share your reminder lists again, and ask other people to reinvite you to share their reminder lists.

1. If you don’t have shared reminder lists, go to the next step.
  2. If you do have shared reminder lists, write down which ones you’re sharing, who you invited to share each one, and whether each participant can view and edit or only view. Also note which reminder lists other people are sharing with you.
  3. On iCloud.com, click the App Launcher button in the toolbar, then click Data Recovery.
  4. Click Restore Calendars and Reminders.
  5. Available versions are listed by the date and time they were archived.
  6. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
  7. There may be more versions than can be displayed. Scroll to see them all.
  8. Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your reminder lists before you change them. During the restore process, any changes you make aren’t saved.
  9. If you had shared reminder lists, reshare them and ask other people to reinvite you to share their reminder lists and calendars. See Share a reminder list on iCloud.com."

More details can be found here: Restore your reminders on iCloud.com

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Are you able to locate them on the iCloud website or other devices?

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.