Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my Notes password and Face ID isn't working to unlock it

hello, I don't know what notes password I set and I can't change it, how to unlock it?

Because when I locked it, only face ID was needed, now it doesn't work

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 9:17 AM

Hey there,

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your notes password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new notes password or use your device passcode instead, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. If you set a new notes password or switch to your device passcode, you can protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 9:17 AM in response to brige114

Hey there,

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your notes password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new notes password or use your device passcode instead, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. If you set a new notes password or switch to your device passcode, you can protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

I forgot my Notes password and Face ID isn't working to unlock it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.