Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to see which applications got deleted from my Mac recently?

Hey,

Is there a way to see which Apps got deleted from my Mac recently?

I understand that I can go to the app store and check from there, but that does not show me the apps which I have downloaded directly and not from the app store.

Would appreciate,

Thanks,

Mark

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 7:56 AM

10 replies

Mar 12, 2023 8:04 AM in response to Marrvark

Whatever Applications have been Installed on this computer will be listed in 1- Applications >> 2 - Other >> 3 - System Information >> 4 - Installations category

Even After an Application has been Removed or Deleted - it will still be listed

In below example GarageBand has been installed and updated a number of time since Big Sur to Monterey and now Ventura

As some time in Monterey I removed the Application and yes it still appears in " Installation" category

Mar 12, 2023 10:20 AM in response to Marrvark

Marrvark wrote:

Hey,

Is there a way to see which Apps got deleted from my Mac recently?

I understand that I can go to the app store and check from there, but that does not show me the apps which I have downloaded directly and not from the app store.

Would appreciate,

Thanks,
Mark

Perhaps, I too misunderstood the definition of Delete that suddenly means just the Opposite

However, it appears this has been all fixed

Welcome for the free advise too

Mar 12, 2023 12:28 PM in response to PRP_53

hey - i am not so much of an expert, so maybe i expressed myself wrongly. sorry for that.

what i did was i entered the application folder through time machine, went back a few days and checked what was in there a few days ago which is not in there now anymore. does that make sense? the difference is what i deleted.

the reason i asked is because i wanted to organize my launchpad and deleted a lot of apps by accident. i first thought that when i delete apps from the launchpad, they are just not in launchpad anymore, but then i understood i deleted them for good. stupid me :-D

Is there a way to see which applications got deleted from my Mac recently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.