Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Messages

I am not able to send a text message via my iPhone 14 to my wife who has an android phone. How can I remedy this?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 8:35 AM

What happens when you try?

I don't suppose you're on Verizon?

When you activate an iPhone 14 on Verizon their automated system does not set up MMS correctly. To fix it you need to call Verizon tech support (611 on your phone), tell the nice representative who answers that you need to speak to a senior tech to fix a problem with the provisioning of MMS on your account; specifically, the MMS setting needs to be synced to the network. This is a universal problem with the iPhone 14 provisioning by Verizon, so the tech should know how to fix it. And hopefully the 1st tier reps will eventually learn also. [ Credit to Lawrence Finch ]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 8:35 AM in response to dirtmanduff

What happens when you try?

I don't suppose you're on Verizon?

When you activate an iPhone 14 on Verizon their automated system does not set up MMS correctly. To fix it you need to call Verizon tech support (611 on your phone), tell the nice representative who answers that you need to speak to a senior tech to fix a problem with the provisioning of MMS on your account; specifically, the MMS setting needs to be synced to the network. This is a universal problem with the iPhone 14 provisioning by Verizon, so the tech should know how to fix it. And hopefully the 1st tier reps will eventually learn also. [ Credit to Lawrence Finch ]

Text Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.