You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut’s notifications

Can anyone figure out how to block shortcut notifications? They’re really bugging me and make me grumpy every time I see them as I want a nice home screen, but with this I get all these annoying notification!! I tried making a nothing automation a while ago that worked a bit but since the iOS 16 update it’s stopped working and it’s impossible to do in settings. Apple need to fix this as it’s very frustrating!!

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 1:04 PM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2023 1:17 PM in response to miactopus

Hi miactopus,

Are you referring to the option 'Ask Before Running' when using an automation with Shortcuts? If so, for help with the feature check out the steps below found in the guide page here: Enable or disable a personal automation in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad

"Some personal automations can run without asking you for confirmation when they’re triggered.

1. In the Shortcuts app  on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap Automation .
  2. Tap the automation you want to run automatically.
  3. Turn off Ask Before Running, then tap Don’t Ask to confirm your choice.
  4. Tap Done.
  5. The automation will not notify you when it’s triggered."

If you're referring to notifications that show on your iPhone Lock Screen, preview or banners, the steps below also found here will help adjust notifications for a specific app: Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad

Cheers.

Shortcut’s notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.