Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clock app glitch

The Clock app isn’t available on the home page or the App Library. If I search it up on App Store it only has the option to open the app. But I don’t find it anywhere on my phone.

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 3:19 PM

There isn't any Clock in Settings (at least not that I can find by looking and by using Search in Settings).

When you click Open in the App Store, it doesn't actually run from in the App Store; it runs from your device. Nothing can run remotely in the App Store, only on the device.

Sorry, I can't think of any situation where the app would actually run on a device but not be visible and not be found by Search in the App Library.

If you've done the always popular restart and if you don't get a better response here, you may want to contact Apple Support. Contact - Official Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 3:19 PM in response to Anas_Taher

There isn't any Clock in Settings (at least not that I can find by looking and by using Search in Settings).

When you click Open in the App Store, it doesn't actually run from in the App Store; it runs from your device. Nothing can run remotely in the App Store, only on the device.

Sorry, I can't think of any situation where the app would actually run on a device but not be visible and not be found by Search in the App Library.

If you've done the always popular restart and if you don't get a better response here, you may want to contact Apple Support. Contact - Official Apple Support

Mar 12, 2023 3:33 PM in response to sberman

The Clock can be deleted from the App Library. Note that both options Delete App and Remove from Home Screen are shown in your screen shot. Also note that the Clock app is listed as deletable in Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home Screen on your iOS 14 or later or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

However if it was actually deleted, it would not run without being downloaded and reinstalled.

Clock app glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.