Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix: Verification failed Apple ID is not active

Verification failed: Apple ID is not active

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 4:28 PM

Based on your screenshot the owner of the iPhone has turned On the iPhone at Find My.

If you don't know the Apple ID and Password, you can't turn Off Find My.

To reactivate your Apple ID, you can contact Apple Support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com) you need to provide your access code, and ask them to help you reactivate your account. Apple can't help you reactivate your account if you can't provide the access code.

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 4:28 PM in response to kusay240

Based on your screenshot the owner of the iPhone has turned On the iPhone at Find My.

If you don't know the Apple ID and Password, you can't turn Off Find My.

To reactivate your Apple ID, you can contact Apple Support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com) you need to provide your access code, and ask them to help you reactivate your account. Apple can't help you reactivate your account if you can't provide the access code.

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

How to fix: Verification failed Apple ID is not active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.