Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Warranty and Repairs

Hi. I received an apple watch SE for Christmas. Didn't start it up until mid January. I dropped my watch last week and the screen cracked! I am so upset. Is this covered under a warranty? I read somewhere that there is automatically a year warranty on the watch and also a 90 day service warranty. I am just getting in under the wire with the 90 days. My son said he purchased the watch the end of November so I am over the 90 days, but shouldn't the warranty begin when the watch is put into service since it was a Christmas gift? Thank you for any help you can give me on this subject.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 5:21 PM

Sorry, but in dropping your watch, you caused accidental damage, which is NOT covered under the standard one year warranty. You'll need to pay for an Out of Warranty replacement watch. Schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for service options and pricing.

And no, the warranty begins the day the watch was purchased. It doesn't matter when it was actually put into service. The warranty is one year from date of purchase. The 90 days you're referring to is for free technical support and has nothing to do with you breaking the watch.

Bottom line is it's going to cost you to get the watch replaced.

You can also use this link to start the service process --> Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 5:21 PM in response to cec1976

Sorry, but in dropping your watch, you caused accidental damage, which is NOT covered under the standard one year warranty. You'll need to pay for an Out of Warranty replacement watch. Schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for service options and pricing.

And no, the warranty begins the day the watch was purchased. It doesn't matter when it was actually put into service. The warranty is one year from date of purchase. The 90 days you're referring to is for free technical support and has nothing to do with you breaking the watch.

Bottom line is it's going to cost you to get the watch replaced.

You can also use this link to start the service process --> Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support

Apple Watch Warranty and Repairs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.