Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 14.0?

How can i update my iPhone 6 to ios 14.0

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 4:56 PM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2023 5:05 PM in response to Ajiees

Ajiees Said:

"Ok: How can i update my iPhone 6 to iOS 14.0"

-------

For Future Reference...

Updating an iPhone:

Determining if an Update will Install:

How to do so...

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS 16 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Mar 12, 2023 5:09 PM in response to Ajiees

Hello ~ You can update to iOS 12.5.7 but no further. Click on the links below….

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

If you need a higher version of iOS you will need a newer iPhone. Click below to shop for a new device…

iPhone - Apple Official Site

If you purchase a second hand device please take a moment to read these helpful links by clicking on below to make an informed decision…

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

How can I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 14.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.