Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App windows don't keep their size and position after hiding in Ventura

Ever since I moved over to Ventura, app windows get "thrown about" after hiding. They become smaller and move towards the bottom left of the screen. This doesn't happen with minimizing. This is really irksome as I habitually hide apps that I don't presently use but want to keep them open in the background. I don't have any 3rd party window management apps and this seems like a Ventura bug. I have Mac Mini with an LG screen 2560 x 1440. Does anyone have the same problem? Any suggestions how to fix it?

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 6:40 PM

ikemitsu wrote:

Ever since I moved over to Ventura, app windows get "thrown about" after hiding. They become smaller and move towards the bottom left of the screen. This doesn't happen with minimizing. This is really irksome as I habitually hide apps that I don't presently use but want to keep them open in the background. I don't have any 3rd party window management apps and this seems like a Ventura bug. I have Mac Mini with an LG screen 2560 x 1440. Does anyone have the same problem? Any suggestions how to fix it?

Hmmm... never encountered that issue.

Put those apps in a full screen to get them out of the way— Mission control is a 4 finger swipe up away, or swipe left and right. compare your results.

I have never used minimize for any reason. full stop.

Command H to hide —

To see you open apps that are running use the HUD (heads up display)—Command Tab

you can Tab your way forward, Command tilde backwards or you use your mouse to click open.

ref: Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

change trackpad settings to accommodate your usage

Change Trackpad settings on Mac - Apple Support

exposė works well four finger swipe down, for multiple windows of the same app, ex TextEdit

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 6:40 PM in response to ikemitsu

ikemitsu wrote:

Hmmm... never encountered that issue.

Put those apps in a full screen to get them out of the way— Mission control is a 4 finger swipe up away, or swipe left and right. compare your results.

I have never used minimize for any reason. full stop.

Command H to hide —

To see you open apps that are running use the HUD (heads up display)—Command Tab

you can Tab your way forward, Command tilde backwards or you use your mouse to click open.

ref: Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

change trackpad settings to accommodate your usage

Change Trackpad settings on Mac - Apple Support

exposė works well four finger swipe down, for multiple windows of the same app, ex TextEdit

App windows don't keep their size and position after hiding in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.