You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what to do with error 4040?

I am working on my old iphone 6 plus will not turn on. itunes helped unsuccessfully to update and restore but error 4040 poped up which is not in the help section. I would like to continue to use my old iphone if I can get it to work again.

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 7:21 PM

mckkijtj Said:

"what to do with error 4040?: I am working on my old iphone 6 plus will not turn on. itunes helped unsuccessfully to update and restore but error 4040 poped up which is not in the help section. I would like to continue to use my old iphone if I can get it to work again."

-------

Error 4040:

While updating, there is a restore error. So, try updating using a computer. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 12, 2023 7:21 PM in response to mckkijtj

mckkijtj Said:

"what to do with error 4040?: I am working on my old iphone 6 plus will not turn on. itunes helped unsuccessfully to update and restore but error 4040 poped up which is not in the help section. I would like to continue to use my old iphone if I can get it to work again."

-------

Error 4040:

While updating, there is a restore error. So, try updating using a computer. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

what to do with error 4040?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.