Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16" shutting down

I'm having some recurring issues with my MBP 2019 16" shutting down in the middle of the night while it's supposed to be sleeping. I would wake up in the morning, go to my desk and try to wake my laptop from sleep, only to find that it boots up and alerts me that it "shut down due to a problem." The most recent log was on March 11, at 4:43pm (I didn't get to my computer until the afternoon) and this was the log:

Can anyone actually interpret this data? Thanks so much!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 9:34 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 12, 2023 10:45 PM in response to Terry Smelker

Terry Smelker wrote:

I'm having some recurring issues with my MBP 2019 16" shutting down in the middle of the night while it's supposed to be sleeping. I would wake up in the morning, go to my desk and try to wake my laptop from sleep, only to find that it boots up and alerts me that it "shut down due to a problem." The most recent log was on March 11, at 4:43pm (I didn't get to my computer until the afternoon) and this was the log:
<Log report- March 11, 2023 4:43pm.log>

Can anyone actually interpret this data? Thanks so much!

old issue, new issue, what changed?

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

all known to cause issues on the macOS

if no resolve—

You can get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Mar 13, 2023 8:37 AM in response to leroydouglas

Good morning, Leroy! Nothing has changed hardware or software-wise. I recently upgraded to Ventura (about 3 months ago), otherwise I don't use any cleaners/optimizers/antivirus/VPNs. I have had some recurring issues with MacOS not correctly recognizing my external monitor when waking from sleep, or with small glitches occurring in the external display after waking (unplugging the MBP from the external doc and plugging it back in fixes the issue, until the next time it wakes from sleep).

I typically use my MBP in a desktop setting and have it stowed with the lid/display closed. It's plugged into an external dock with a dual USB-C cable, and all peripherals plug into the dock. It's been a fairly stable setup (except for the recurring external display issues mentioned above) and it's been with the same config since I received the MBP.

Mar 13, 2023 8:57 AM in response to Terry Smelker

Terry Smelker wrote:

Also, here's the log:

<Log Report Mar 11, 2023 4:43pm.log>

The log appears to be a duplicate(?)

type 14=page fault, registers are associated with memory allocation errors — I suspect software

Panicked task points to Creative Cloud

try something different in this regard:

Quit the app before sleep for example and compare your results...

relaunch the app more frequently

Look at Activity Monitor for memory pressure and corresponding %'s

if in doubt search the developers website or contact their: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Adobe: Contact Customer Care - Adobe Support

Adobe Help Center

How do I talk to someone in Adobe Support?

MacBook Pro 16" shutting down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.