Time and date greyed out on Lock Screen

Lock Screen time greyed out after latest update. Turning off and on doesn’t change this. Neither does suggestion to remedy by editing “time” by holding down on lock screen. Any suggestions please?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 10:30 PM

I had the same issue with the color of my time being light almost translucent grey even after changing colors etc, I just turned my phone off for 5 mins, turned it back on & problem is fixed! Maybe it was a glitch they have fixed so if u tried to hard reset before & it didn’t work, try again! Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 10:30 PM in response to Janice-heron

I had the same issue with the color of my time being light almost translucent grey even after changing colors etc, I just turned my phone off for 5 mins, turned it back on & problem is fixed! Maybe it was a glitch they have fixed so if u tried to hard reset before & it didn’t work, try again! Hope this helps!

Mar 14, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Janice-heron

Hey there Janice-heron,

By default, the date and time, visible on the Lock Screen, are set automatically based on your location. If you want to change them—for example, when you’re traveling—you can adjust them using the following steps.

1. Go to Settings  > General > Date & Time.
2. Turn on any of the following:
* Set Automatically: iPhone gets the correct time over the network and updates it for the time zone you’re in. Some networks don’t support network time, so in some countries or regions, iPhone may not be able to automatically determine the local time.
* 24-Hour Time: (not available in all countries or regions) iPhone displays the hours from 0 to 23.

Read more here:

Change the date and time on iPhone 

If you have any issues, follow the steps in this link:

If you can't change the time or time zone on your Apple device

Regards.

Time and date greyed out on Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.