📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect phone number in settings after porting number from previous phone

How can I amend the phone number in imessage and facetime settings to show my own number instead of the temporary number given by my sim provider?

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 4:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 5:08 AM

Go to SettingsApple IDName, Phone Numbers, Email

Tap Edit and select Add email or phone number. Add your new phone number and delete the old one. Then, restart your iPhone.

Go to SettingsMessagesSend & Receive.

Check if your new number is registered, if not - try turning off iMessages, wait a bit and turn it back on. After a short time, iMessages should be ready and your new number should be registered.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2023 5:08 AM in response to Crawphy

Go to SettingsApple IDName, Phone Numbers, Email

Tap Edit and select Add email or phone number. Add your new phone number and delete the old one. Then, restart your iPhone.

Go to SettingsMessagesSend & Receive.

Check if your new number is registered, if not - try turning off iMessages, wait a bit and turn it back on. After a short time, iMessages should be ready and your new number should be registered.

Incorrect phone number in settings after porting number from previous phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.