Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud India UPI payment and Family Sharing Issues

Ever since The RBI mandate on cards ..my Purchased apps won’t install on any of my family’s iCloud ID and it keeps giving payment error

I tried to install Streaks (which can be shared by all family members) which was bought by abc@icloud.com(family organaizer) onto xyz@icloud.com (family member ) but I keep getting error

“ Unable to Download

To download shared content, your Family must have a valid payment method.”

The family organizer’s account has my banks UPI payment on file and I also have some account balance .I also added a Paytm UPI ID but the error still persists .

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 4:47 PM

Hi Sanjeev.Vyas,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

In your region, you will need to use UPI payment method or add funds to your Apple ID account balance. You want to make sure that your bank allows for UPI AutoPay.

You can add funds to your Apple Account balance or use UPI Autopay for subscriptions.
Indian government regulations require additional steps to complete purchases and begin subscriptions. To make purchases, you might need to update your payment method.
* If you have an existing subscription, you can continue to pay with your Apple Account balance.
* If you want to sign up for a new subscription or renew an expired subscription, you can pay with UPI Autopay or pay with your Apple Account balance. If you use UPI Autopay, you'll be asked to authenticate the payment method and set up a recurring payment using your payment app.
* For all other purchases, you can pay with UPI or pay with your Apple Account balance
To add funds to your Apple Account balance, you can use App Store Codes, Net Banking, and UPI.

If you can't use your UPI Autopay

Make sure that your bank supports UPI Autopay and your account has sufficient funds to cover your purchase. If there's an issue when you use UPI Autopay, contact your financial institution.

About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India - Apple Support

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 4:47 PM in response to Sanjeev.Vyas

Hi Sanjeev.Vyas,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

In your region, you will need to use UPI payment method or add funds to your Apple ID account balance. You want to make sure that your bank allows for UPI AutoPay.

You can add funds to your Apple Account balance or use UPI Autopay for subscriptions.
Indian government regulations require additional steps to complete purchases and begin subscriptions. To make purchases, you might need to update your payment method.
* If you have an existing subscription, you can continue to pay with your Apple Account balance.
* If you want to sign up for a new subscription or renew an expired subscription, you can pay with UPI Autopay or pay with your Apple Account balance. If you use UPI Autopay, you'll be asked to authenticate the payment method and set up a recurring payment using your payment app.
* For all other purchases, you can pay with UPI or pay with your Apple Account balance
To add funds to your Apple Account balance, you can use App Store Codes, Net Banking, and UPI.

If you can't use your UPI Autopay

Make sure that your bank supports UPI Autopay and your account has sufficient funds to cover your purchase. If there's an issue when you use UPI Autopay, contact your financial institution.

About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India - Apple Support

Regards.

iCloud India UPI payment and Family Sharing Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.