Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very noisy even after a new SSD as startup

Even though I installed a new drive on which to run my iMac, the iMac itself is just as noisy as ever. (I am a bit confused as to why it's even running something inside the iMac when the whole thing is based on an external SSD.)

Shall I just await the hopefully imminent 2023 27" iMac this year?

Many thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 12:51 PM

As for hoping for a new Mac, you could, but you will likely not be able to run anything older than Ventura, since Apple new machines have always only run the OS available the time of their new release. As for hoping for a new machine, there is no known date for any new machines. So you could be waiting a long time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2023 12:51 PM in response to bwardapple14

As for hoping for a new Mac, you could, but you will likely not be able to run anything older than Ventura, since Apple new machines have always only run the OS available the time of their new release. As for hoping for a new machine, there is no known date for any new machines. So you could be waiting a long time.

Very noisy even after a new SSD as startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.