Related Article: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does fast charge MacBook Pro 14 inch using 96W USB-C Power Adapter damages the battery

does fast charge MacBook Pro 14 inch using 96W USB-C Power Adapter damages the battery

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 1:00 PM

Nancy199816 wrote:

Why would it damage your battery?

ref: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Your battery falls under the same 1-yr limited warranty for hardware like the rest of the apple computer.

I fully suspect if it damaged your battery Apple would not sell it or / include the option...(?)

I certainly never heard of a one single instance of fast charging damaging a battery.

the rule of thumb — if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on battery only.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2023 1:00 PM in response to Nancy199816

Nancy199816 wrote:

Why would it damage your battery?

ref: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Your battery falls under the same 1-yr limited warranty for hardware like the rest of the apple computer.

I fully suspect if it damaged your battery Apple would not sell it or / include the option...(?)

I certainly never heard of a one single instance of fast charging damaging a battery.

the rule of thumb — if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on battery only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.