Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Id

Hi, How do I change the apple id my phone is using to download apps. my apple id is linked to my phone correctly but asks for my moms apple id everytime i try to download an app i’ve already tried everything.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 6:01 PM

Hello lindseyp56,

We're happy to provide some guidance so you can download apps to your iPhone under your Apple ID. Based on what you describe, it sounds like your mother's Apple ID was used with the App Store app at one time on your device. If you are trying to update apps already installed, you'll want to delete them, then install them under your Apple ID: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you are instead receiving a passcode, your device may have Parental Controls set with restrictions from your mother's device. You'll want to speak with her in regards to that.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 6:01 PM in response to lindseyp56

Hello lindseyp56,

We're happy to provide some guidance so you can download apps to your iPhone under your Apple ID. Based on what you describe, it sounds like your mother's Apple ID was used with the App Store app at one time on your device. If you are trying to update apps already installed, you'll want to delete them, then install them under your Apple ID: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you are instead receiving a passcode, your device may have Parental Controls set with restrictions from your mother's device. You'll want to speak with her in regards to that.

Take care.

Apple Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.