Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

How do I decern if it’s a battery vs adapter not charging?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 2:56 PM

Check the connections and the power outlet has electricity. 🔌

If there is no power, then check the fuse box for a tripped circuit and reset.

Once everything is confirmed, if it still won’t charge, then simply ➢ click here for detailed instructions.

If that does not help, then I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2023 2:56 PM in response to antoniofrommanitouwadge

Check the connections and the power outlet has electricity. 🔌

If there is no power, then check the fuse box for a tripped circuit and reset.

Once everything is confirmed, if it still won’t charge, then simply ➢ click here for detailed instructions.

If that does not help, then I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

Mar 14, 2023 8:00 PM in response to antoniofrommanitouwadge

It is not always easy to figure out especially with the 2016+ USB-C Macs. It doesn't help that we don't know the exact model laptop, nor if you can currently boot the laptop.

Assuming a USB-C laptop, make sure to connect the charger directly to the laptop since some adapters & docks may not allow the full power of the charger to reach the laptop. Try using another USB-C port especially on the other side of the laptop. If there is only a single USB-C port, then disconnect the charging cable from the laptop for a few seconds and reconnect it to the laptop....listen for a "ding" indicating the charger is recognized by the laptop. Also try rotating the USB-C connector of the charging cable 180 degrees upside down....this may work if the laptop's USB-C port is half bad (or possibly even the charger or cable). While none of this is a fix, it may get you by until you can have the laptop repaired.

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.